Skip to main content

Unbelief in a world of religion.

The first thought that comes to my mind is that REM song "Loosing my religion." I think that religion is an amazing topic to discuss because we live in a very superstitious and fascinated world, where people will make religious icons out of 'the fonz', 'homer simpson' and every American idol that winks at them. I believe we are living in an era of atheism, and the best that any moral man or woman can say is "I believe in a God." We used to say I believe in God but the Requiem of the culture is that He (God) is sleeping somewhere and has forgotten about His chosen people. That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight, loosing my religion and if somebody doesn't show me the way soon "I'm really going to lose it".

Speculation is the death of hope, and the cross of Christ is foolishness to those who disbelieve. Send me your money the church says, that man you see preaching on the television. "Send me your seed faith gift of $2,000, and God will heal your mind, he'll heal your body, heck, he'll even grow you wings!" goes the call from many evangelists that invade your minds and your homes. I'm not at all out on salvation, you must be born again, but there are so many voices saying that you've got to eat, pray and love and the devil is loving it. I'm not out to get your money (he) says, I just want your soul.

And you give it to him, but the problem is that Satan doesn't really know what to do with it. "Watch the little red light, be spellbound and mutter and chant. Roll up your sleeves and have another smoke, I hear that Bob Dylan is coming to town, close your eyes and make a wish."

The Pastor preaches and you listen to him but you don't believe, stand on the side of the wall and become a religious leader. (Mutter, Mutter, cough..cough) I think I see the purpose of my existence, no that was just a butterfly.

Happy Thanksgiving Canada.

Comments

  1. Nice blog Mike.
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...