Skip to main content

Saved from Ministry.

We all like to be a blessing and if you are a person of faith I'm sure you have found great joy in actively practising out your faith possibly in a local church. I am all for the church, I go to one and many great people in history come from a Christian background. I'm not out on ministry in the church I'm all for it, especially during a time where most Christians are lazy and apathetic about their faith, which brings in question their authenticity, that for another time. I've heard it said somewhere that you will stand before God and give an account for your life in this space/time continuum and that is true for me and for you. As I write these words I am reminded that I am using a talent that God has given me to bless others, so I use this gift for His glory.

I used to struggle with the idea that if you are saved that all of your gifts should be used in the church, but listening to a talk show recently, something that I always knew in my heart was solidified in my thinking that a very large majority of proffessing Christians struggle with. I won't go into detail what was discussed, but I will advise you to proceed with caution, you could be persecuted!!

We live in a world, heaven on earth is not a reality and it isn't even biblical. Theologically there is reason to believe that at the end of all things God will dwell with man and the earth will be restored, but that's in the future. Right now we are in the world, as Christ says, but when he says "Don't be of the world!" he is not telling you to leave this time/space continuum but to be a part of it. That's what I really want to say. In your search for your vocation don't separate your talent into two categories, us and them. This is a huge mistake, we will be accountable for what we did on earth not what we did in Heaven. Some people are called by God to use their gifts to bless other people, in fact you will be accountable and I will be accountable for my talent and becoming an artist or whatever your thing is is a big responsibility. With God's help, we can make it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...