Skip to main content

Will she Marry Me?

I have a funny story to tell but the funniest part is that the story is not finished yet. I have a friend, I'll leave him unnamed for now, I'll call him Levi. This part of the story is an embellishment of the truth: I just got off the phone with Levi, he is a great friend you know. We share our hearts and secrets it is a purely Biblical relationship between two guys who have allot in common, enough said. I told Levi of a story, something that happened to me over a year ago and it made me very happy that I had someone to share this story with. Levi is a christian, and he is a very good friend. We talk about the bible together and share things that God is doing in our lives.

Levi was wondering why I was dealing with an unresolved anger issue and the story goes like this...Over two years ago I met the woman of my dreams. I at first saw her as a very good friend, and her beauty was beyond what mortal man could put into words, even our famous Shakespeare. Oh what shall I compare thee to Christina, mans thoughts dost not comprehend thy innocent eyes, thy hair like an angel, thy skin like a tangerine, smooth and sweet to taste if my dainty pleasure were procured by a gift of the gods, thy caresses would send me into shock for an eternity of heavenly delights.

Ya, I liked this girl. Yet her heart belongs to another, an Adonis. A Phantom, a gentleman and her friend. What Levi didn't know was that I had made a deal with the gods upon seeing her angelic beauty upon first seeing her that one day she would be mine. The gods promised me that if I were to woo her she would fall headlong into my arms, of Shakespearean sonnets, and candle light dreams. But what I told Levi was that I had been deceived by the gods for she was soon to be engaged to her Adonis, and as fate would have it the gods must have lied to me, thus the cause of my anger.

Levi being a good christian, I told him I must relegate my arms to the terrible world of fate and turn my face against the gods for they were no gods if they could not keep their promises. Thus the tale goes on, do I worship the same God as Levi? (which I already do) or do I take my case up to the highest heavenly tribunal for further study? I will leave the fairy tales to Adonis (the real one) and relegate my self that even the gods can not buy the love of a woman.

this is Mike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...