Skip to main content

Jimmy Swaggart and the Message of the Cross.

I was only fifteen years old when the Jimmy Swaggart scandal broke out, was not a born again Christian, and just remembering that there was this awful christian guy who did something with a prostitute. That was my last memory of Jimmy Swaggart. I accepted the Lord in 1995 when I was twenty one and got most of my spiritual food through Christian radio. Sometime after the horrible events of September 11, 2001 when the World Trade Towers were attacked, I stumbled across Jimmy Swaggart on television, probably one Sunday morning getting ready for church. I believe the first thing I ordered from this ministry was a bible commentary on the book of Daniel. I also ordered some study guides, but what they were preaching sounded right, even though everyone around me was criticising me for supporting a once fallen evangelist. And my message to you is the same that it was to them at the time, "Listen to the message he is preaching, and if you don't agree with the message, then you can criticise me!" I love Jimmy Swaggart, allot of preachers do, you just may not know their names, but some you might. Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham, supports the message and the preaching of Jimmy Swaggart Ministries and so do I.

Some are saying that it is a new revelation biblically therefore it is false, but if you were to ask them to explain the message of the cross, I think they would have a superficial way of understanding it. I would encourage anyone hungry for what the bible says about how to live for God, which is really the most important message any christian needs to know, to order study guides and material from http://jsm.org/

Comments

  1. I agree the message of the cross is very important, however I would warn you to listen closely and search the scripture and see if the presentation of JSM is truly in agreement with Gods word. I'm afraid it is not even tho they do preach a lot of truth, it is my opinion there is also the leaven of much error. Much imbalance and a Gospel that gives people a pass to look lightly upon sin, and avoid any personal responsibility for your actions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring.

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring. Regardless as to why we started this time change, it has been in effect many years before I was born, or my Parents were born. I understand that some people can benefit with the extra sunlight in the winter time, but I want to give you a definition of our circadian rhythm as humans. circadian rhythm (/sɜːrˈkeɪdiən/) is any biological process that displays an endogenous, entrainable oscillation of about 24 hours. These 24-hour rhythms are driven by a circadian clock, and they have been widely observed in plants, animals, fungi, and cyanobacteria. In other words, our bodies are biological clocks that operate within the realm of time, and time is measured by how much daylight is in a day. Our bodies adjust to time, but it takes time and a steady exposure to sunlight during the day to set our internal clocks. When we experience time changes, our bodies change along with the 24 hour day cycle. When we over-extend ...