Skip to main content

A Church is not a Church.

Stained glass windows, an organ player and yes the choir. Am I in a church? All the outward manifestations seem to tell me that I am, but what kind of Jesus are they preaching? Before I became a evangelical christian, I attended the catholic church. I remember being gay in college (and I don't mean happy) although I was happy being gay, I attended a catholic church just down and around the street from where I share an apartment with two friends. I remember being in the church, and there was another gay guy from my school who went to the same church. My intention is not to paste the catholic church as a gay church. I believed I had every right to be in that church, even though I was very confused as to my catholic identity and my personal sexual identity. The reason for this blog is to reveal to you just who the church is.

Just because I attended a Church, didn't mean that I was a part of 'the church' in the biblical way. Some of us get so wrapped up in the idea that I attend 'such and such church' and it's the best church around or me name isn't Joe Christian. I'm not out to bash the organised church, I belong to one, I just want to make clear that the church is you and me, if we are born again and all other truly saved people.

Definition of a saved person is someone who has repented of their sin, and by faith has trusted the meritorious death of the Saviour Jesus Christ alone for the remission and pardon of their sin.

If you have never done that you can tell God right now, in your own words if you want, that you want to be saved or 'born again' here is some help,

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whomever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

Romans 10:9- "That if you confess with your mouth 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you shall be saved."

I repent I do a u turn in my thinking about God and my sin (whatever it is) and I am willing to pray the following prayer from my heart.

Jesus I confess I am a sinner, and I believe you died on the cross for my personal sin. I believe in my heart that you were raised from the dead, and by faith I receive you as my personal Lord and Saviour. in Jesus Name, amen.

If you prayed this prayer, and meant it, I believe you got born again. Find a bible, and a bible believing church, and make this your prayer: Lord, now that I am saved, I am trusting you to grow me up into a mature Christian, teach me your word and lead me not astray. in Jesus name. amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...