Skip to main content

Looking for Truth.


Looking for Truth.

When I was young things made sense. Even when they appeared to not make sense, there was a culture and a people that made sense to me. When I was in my twenties I struggled to fit in, even though for the most part of my life I did not have a problem with this. But isn’t that a part of growing up? You struggle to fit in, you make sacrifices to do so, then you regret the things that you did to fit in. Part of my problem was that I wanted peace of mind, I wanted to be happy, and I did not know that structure. Most of us think of happiness as something to achieve, not something we already possess.

This is what I learned from Eastern Mysticism. Go desire-less
, and you will be happy. I enjoyed being the kind of person who inwardly renounced materialism, but not really! The kind of sacrifice that brought me happiness out of a time of confusion, was an inner renouncing of the fruits of my actions, which was showing myself unconditional love and acceptance. I needed this because I was restless and needed to feel a sense of security. I do not think I was seeking money; I was seeking happiness.

The fruits of youth do not last so the lessons you learn then, determines your future happiness. Being willing to give up some things, to see life from a different perspective, brings clarity to yourself. It is when we hang on to things, that it becomes impossible to let them go when God takes them from us. It is not fatalistic to hold on to things loosely, it opens the door for you to experience more happiness later in life. It is good to live with passion, but gradually that passion needs to change into something that is more liveable, or else you will burn out. Desires can be good if they lead you to positive actions.

When our actions become negative, it brings sadness into our lives. Yes, we all need some sadness, we cannot be 100% happy all the time, but we must invite happiness into our lives, like a friend. We must be willing to work for peace of mind because it can be taken away from us through negative things. For truth to be truth it cannot be relative. Treat your search for truth like a mystery novel, until you find out who has it, do not give up your search! This is Mike. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...