Skip to main content

Spiritual Complacency.

We have laws on the road that protect safe drivers from reckless ones and when I was 16 and just got my license I was charged with reckless driving. Here is how it went down. We (my friends and I) were on our way to the Argo's Grey Cup parade, and we had skipped the day of school to go to Toronto. I had a 1986 or was it an '88 Mustang/black, not one of those supped up ones. I remember buying the car, and the first time I looked at it was with a friend of mine's sister and although my dad was present, I made the sly comment that the back seat looked roomy enough for well..you know what. She laughed.
 But those days are gone and my first car became a write off. I totally smashed it up on the way to the Argo's parade and got charged with reckless driving after I lied in court, but didn't get caught or should I say didn't admit that I was lying about my testimony. If there were courts determining moral and absolute behaviour in life and relationships, there would be many angry people in jail right now, because they fail to be the humans God created us to be. Can I talk a little about religion? There are many religions out there, there is the religion of the stomach, the religion of the prideful, the religion of the arrogant and the religion of the obnoxious. I really hope you don't belong to one of them. Somewhere it said that the meek would inherit the earth. but just what kind of earth will they inherit?
 Surely at that point there will be one religion and One God leading that religion, will you place your bets on eternity? I have never been the betting man, and if you are one of those people who believes that all religions lead to God, I have one question to ask you? Which religion does God follow? Pride fills our hearts and we say that there is no God and that Christianity is a cult..I don't say that but some people do and then try to pass it off as sarcasm. Not a good idea. There are real cults out there and if I was going to choose one it wouldn't be obvious to you. In fact if I were to tell you that I was in a cult right now, you probably wouldn't believe me. You would be concerned none the less and you might not care. That is the attitude of some people I know.
 I guess you would be kicking a dead horse if you tried to convince somebody that God existed, when that persons main goal in life is to deny your own existence or try to alter it in some way. (I thought I was psychotic!) No the real goal in life is to not play puppeteer with human beings..hello Satan, but to let people decide for themselves who they want to be! Isn't that what Jesus did? This imaginary Jesus came to earth to die on a cross so you could worship him in your imagination, as I pull your puppet strings, and get you to commit the most heinous crimes ever conceivable to a human being. Theodicy. God is Just and we have free will. Satan is the master of a lie and will try to trick you and me into believing things that are false, that is why Jesus said you would know the truth and the truth would set you free. Someone the other day asked me to define who I was because I was claiming to know the truth about myself. Here is the answer; I am a sinner and a saint and a human being, nothing else. I will not or won't define myself any other way. Until you come to the cross you are just a sinner, and the bible teaches that everyone who has been born again through the word of God is already a saint. Deal with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Bible Verses on Money.

  Bible verses about money. I bet you didn’t think the bible said that? Proverbs 23:5 When you glance at wealth, it disappears, for it makes wings for itself and flies like an eagle to the sky.  1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. Proverbs 13:11 Wealth quickly gained is quickly wasted — easy come, easy go! But if you gradually gain wealth, you will watch it grow. Psalm 62:10 Don’t make your living by extortion or put your hope in stealing. And if your wealth increases, don’t make it the centre of your life. Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that

How Believing in God Changes Your Perspective on Time.

  When you have an awareness of the Divine your perspective on time changes. Uncertainty can be the cause of a lack of belief in God. In generations past our culture has had more of an awareness of God and lived with more certainty. The bible is not just a story book for the present moment, it contains the past, the present, and the future in it. The Holy Spirit can give us a perspective that holds the past, the present, and the future, and allows us to see God’s whole picture, despite what we may be feeling or experiencing around us or in our lives.   Trials and persecution can make it difficult to see the whole picture, but I believe that it’s a gift of God to live with this perspective. Unbelief can hinder us from “seeing it all” and insecurities and weaknesses can also disable us from living with this certainty. Also the fear of death, or impending doom, can erase God’s perspective of the future, because our minds get clouded with fear, and we are not able to perceive reality prope

Why has the church lost its capacity and power?

  The church has modernized itself and in the process has lost something very valuable. It has lost its capacity to be personable. The way we reach lost souls is by seeing them, by getting to know them, and by recognizing them, but people are getting lost in the church. The church has become a busy place and is also becoming a less holy place. To make disciples we have to get to know people, and technology in the church is depersonalizing souls, and depersonalizing God for them. Faith becomes a marketable commodity, whereas in the past, churches and their leaders nourished and valued personal faith. While faith is still valued, it’s becoming something that is marketable, which reminds me of the story of Jesus in the temple turning over tables (Matthew 21:12-17). The problem isn’t that the church doesn’t work or doesn’t want to share the gospel, it could be how we are doing it. The church is currently being run like a business, and each Christian metaphorically speaking has a profit val