Skip to main content

When the world began.

It was a cold December morning, it could of been January, and I had just came back from the skating rink. One of my favourite songs was on the TV, "I'm like a bird" by Nelly Furtato. We were living in a rented house with no escape for the future. I was stuck in my room and like that song goes "I don't know where my soul is" was my anthem at that time. Although I knew that God was bringing me through something, I didn't know him intimately. I was stuck in time, with dreams unfulfilled and the hope that someday God would bring me through the mess that I had made my own.

I tried to escape one time, but it brought me face to face with my past and I was not ready to accept the things that God was wanting to do in my life. He was with me, but I was not with him. I still wanted it my way, and he wanted me to know that. Then life happened. Without warning for the second time in my life we were moving and I put up a fight that will go down in the history books. I was a dead man where I was and if I stayed there, I might have ended up happy but never fulfilling the purpose that God had planned for my life. So the great Master saw through my pain, and knowing what was ahead for me, placed me in a home, and still I fight. Is it because I want to be God? Is it because I want to be rich? Or is it because I think I know how to live my life on level one of Christian obedience, never sacrificing, demanding my share like the prodigal son, I want Heaven now and Christ says "occupy until  come." We take that to mean " conquer until I win."

My resolution for 2013 is to be more human. With that comes all the things that we all want and are scared to ask for. My prayer for this year is that I find myself again, not in something that will glorify myself, but that I become more human. Lord you know my heart and those who seek to destroy this world, keep me from myself and the fear that will make me less human. In Jesus Name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...