Skip to main content

Supersize Me.

I would like to be said thatI  have been a man of little words, but considering that this is my blog I won't hold to that...for now.

Would you go on a journey with me? It is a musical journey with benefits. I am not one to reveal my heart but I am definitely one to reveal my thoughts. The heart is a fragile thing and in the place of true feelings, let me replace them with truth. The truth, what is it? Is it a rose that has come to full bloom or is it a flower that has many years to bud? But once it has budded it takes up all your oxygen, and leaves you no more room to breathe. I will take out my proverbial scissors and cut that stem, that has a double root and replant it is the shallow ground, (are you ready for this?) self indulgent.

Too early you say, the sun didn't come up this morning and the sky is dark black and the wind to wind is crying. Too late you say? The moon has dropped out of the sky and has fallen on planet earth and all that is left is earth wind and fire. I want to fly where the Eskimos live, and build a mountain of houses where I can run from the only person I have ever loved, myself! I was up early this morning with the birds and a thought crossed my mind. Where do you go when you die? I don't mean heaven, but where do the elephants go when they have run out of breath and all is well with their children?

If I was a mother I would feed my son with gold dust and fairy stars. I would take him to the park and let him run free, until he ran into Wisdom. When he found her, I would clap my hand and say "way to go son!" as she followed him home from school. I would train my boy nice and good, and when he was a man I would ask him if he could show me his wisdom. But he would reply, She ran off with a good an and I haven't seen her since, and I would reply "Do you think we might find her?"

end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...