Skip to main content

News for the new year.

I know that it is not even November yet but there are only four days left until then. I would like to ask you this question, How was your year? Maybe you are wondering why even bother looking back, look forward and up never look back. Some of you are even embarrassed to look back at some of the things you did this year and you are probably moving your mouse to the URL button to leave this blog, but before you do take a minute and keep reading. What was your year like? Was it an awful year? Do you remember one time this year when you were really happy? No, not that time when you had a little to much to drink, well you can use that time if that is the only time you think you were really happy this year. I'm really sorry:(

Well for the rest of you I'm pretty sure there were times with family, husband, boyfriend that you experienced some moments of happiness, but how about the times when you were alone? Can I ask you another question? Do you need to be alone or do you need to be with other people? Ha I got you, we can't be alone all the time but it is important that when you are alone you well are happy...why? I call it maturity.

Really I hate being alone, but when I'm, alone, I can be myself..a scary thing if you do not know who you are! I've heard that there are book for that.."discover your true identity, the world, you, and who you want to be, become a better you..(how do you do that anyway?) Let's go somewhere together...
Do you remember what you were like when you were a child? Do you remember what made you happy as a child? I'm not saying we need to be like kids, even though it would help. Do you remember your fist kiss? I'm sorry if you had a bad childhood but you don't have to make up for it now. Remember the times in your life when you were the most happy. As an exercise tonight before you go to sleep or even now try to remember those things that made you happy. It's not a sin to be a happy person. You would think that the church would preach a little more about that? Well maybe in your world the church for you is not a happy place. I get it.

What do you think the meaning of life is? To be happy? to go to a special place when you die? God forbid you go ..well, I think we were not only created for church happiness, I think we were created to enjoy ourselves and be happy. This is not hedonism or pseudo happiness, but joy.. I think heaven should be a place of joy. I like that word. You need to find joy real joy and never let it go when you find it, because when you have found joy, you will live again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring.

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring. Regardless as to why we started this time change, it has been in effect many years before I was born, or my Parents were born. I understand that some people can benefit with the extra sunlight in the winter time, but I want to give you a definition of our circadian rhythm as humans. circadian rhythm (/sɜːrˈkeɪdiən/) is any biological process that displays an endogenous, entrainable oscillation of about 24 hours. These 24-hour rhythms are driven by a circadian clock, and they have been widely observed in plants, animals, fungi, and cyanobacteria. In other words, our bodies are biological clocks that operate within the realm of time, and time is measured by how much daylight is in a day. Our bodies adjust to time, but it takes time and a steady exposure to sunlight during the day to set our internal clocks. When we experience time changes, our bodies change along with the 24 hour day cycle. When we over-extend ...