Skip to main content

Being Silly.

(What Makes us who we are.)

Being silly is fun when you are a kid, but adults who act silly are seen as foolish. If you have never thought deep thoughts, I would like to challenge you to consider a few things. Humans are said to be complex beings, but religion teaches that we have a soul, but it is also my belief that we are more than just flesh and blood. Who wants to know the reason why we were put here, I'm sure it wasn't just to twiddle our thumbs, no I believe humans where created for greatness, but a different kind of greatness. A love that can only be found in loosing yourself! I don't mean to say that we should get lost, some of us are already there, it's a discovery that comes by grace, when we realize that there is purpose to my life.

When I was 21, I had a discovery and I have been thinking about it ever since. We can be youthful even though we might not be young, and we can always be happy no matter where we are in life. The problem is that we need to learn how to find ourselves again. We could be lost, and not even know it. Great people and great saints through out history can still teach us things about ourselves if we let them. There is a wisdom in humbling ourselves to at least remember what other people in time learned on their journey on this planet.  We should never close our minds and our hearts to what made us who we are, even if we are not that same person anymore.

What I have been trying to say is this; we need to loose ourselves (in the right way) in order to rediscover what makes us happy and why we were put on this earth. There are real Angels and so forth, and if we look for the beauty in life, not what makes us feel unloved and unwanted, we might discover what we might feel is missing, if that is where you are right now! This is Mike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...