Skip to main content

Will you pass the butter please?

Right now it is 8:04pm and my stomach is grumbling. My father is downstairs and my mother is out with some women from the Salvation Army. Several years ago, I left a pentecostal church called the bridge, to attend a little church here in Markham that has been around ever since I can imagine. It was the only Salvation Army church in the town of Markham and some way I ended up attending it with my mother after I was baptised as an adult. The building still sits at the corner of 16th Avenue and Mcowan, but there isn't any congregation that meets there anymore. As far as I know the only Salvation Army in York Region is in Richmond Hill, and that is where the congregation from Markham went. I did not go.

There were many reasons why I did not go to Richmond Hill, and some of them are as follows. I do not drive anymore, so transportation was a problem. I am assuming that no one that went there would of been able to pick me up and take me to church. My mom made it clear that it was an inconvenience for her to be my transportation every Sunday to and from the Salvation Army in Richmond Hill, so I felt persecuted in a sense because I was left church less. My only option was to go back to the Catholic church that I grew up in, but I had been learning about doctrine and I was scared to expose myself to a church that I no longer believed what they preached. Enter Harvest Bible Chapel I had found a new church home.....and I was free from my mother because she knew it was a real church and she couldn't hide behind the mask of churchianity anymore, neither could my dad who is still downstairs right now with a full stomach.....mm mm pass the butter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring.

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring. Regardless as to why we started this time change, it has been in effect many years before I was born, or my Parents were born. I understand that some people can benefit with the extra sunlight in the winter time, but I want to give you a definition of our circadian rhythm as humans. circadian rhythm (/sɜːrˈkeɪdiən/) is any biological process that displays an endogenous, entrainable oscillation of about 24 hours. These 24-hour rhythms are driven by a circadian clock, and they have been widely observed in plants, animals, fungi, and cyanobacteria. In other words, our bodies are biological clocks that operate within the realm of time, and time is measured by how much daylight is in a day. Our bodies adjust to time, but it takes time and a steady exposure to sunlight during the day to set our internal clocks. When we experience time changes, our bodies change along with the 24 hour day cycle. When we over-extend ...