Skip to main content

Honesty.

 It is fair to say that any good relationship is built on honesty and when honesty goes so does trust. In previous generations faith principles filtered through even to the secular world, but in our post modern times, people in the secular world are almost embarrassed to embrace any kind of spirituality. Kindness and compassion give people something to live for. When someone is kind to you, it lights up your darkness. The darkness isn’t something that you may have chosen for yourself, it’s something that you possibly fell into or something happened to you, leaving your world dark. 


Invite God into your darkness even if you are alone. It may seem strange at first, but as I was saying, we all have a desire for people to be honest with us, and we can be honest with God. Abandonment is another issue that affects many people in the world we live in. You may feel shut out from your social circle, but you are not alone, many people these days feel that they have no real meaningful social connections in real life, I attend a Catholic Church and besides being with others during the mass, I haven’t really built many friendships. It was different when I attended a non-denominational church, I found more friends and felt more unity. 


There was a time in my life, before all this internet stuff, when I was living in a house with some other guys, but I really felt alone. It just so happened that two people I worked with in Toronto, moved in just around the corner from me so I wasn’t totally alone. Have we forgotten how to be honest? I hope not! Relationships thrive when people have something in common, and they are maintained and built by forgiveness, integrity and honesty. The first step in being honest with other people is being honest with yourself. You may have to forgive yourself if others hurt you, and the love you begin to cultivate for yourself, try expressing outwards to others in little ways. Don’t deplete yourself, but also know that the more love you can give out, is a reflection of the kindness you feel towards yourself and possibly the love you can learn to receive from God, despite your pain. This is Mike.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring.

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring. Regardless as to why we started this time change, it has been in effect many years before I was born, or my Parents were born. I understand that some people can benefit with the extra sunlight in the winter time, but I want to give you a definition of our circadian rhythm as humans. circadian rhythm (/sɜːrˈkeɪdiən/) is any biological process that displays an endogenous, entrainable oscillation of about 24 hours. These 24-hour rhythms are driven by a circadian clock, and they have been widely observed in plants, animals, fungi, and cyanobacteria. In other words, our bodies are biological clocks that operate within the realm of time, and time is measured by how much daylight is in a day. Our bodies adjust to time, but it takes time and a steady exposure to sunlight during the day to set our internal clocks. When we experience time changes, our bodies change along with the 24 hour day cycle. When we over-extend ...