Skip to main content

Things that I learned this year.

If I had to pick one thing it would be very difficult, however there are some things or principles that I have applied to my life this year that I would say were absent in years before. One of the most important thing that I learned this year was that tithing to my local church, A decision I made a couple or so years ago is something that I want to keep doing despite people who say that tithing is something that they did in the old testament. I even made a video about this a couple of years ago on YouTube but I want to keep this blog sort of free from talking about money but I do want to mention it a little bit. What brought me to the path of being a faithful giver to my local church was a video I believe back in 2011 or so on Vimeo. Another thing that I learned this year was that music is a very important part of my life. I had the opportunity once again this year to sing in the Christmas choir at my church. This isn't something new music is always been a desire of mine but I've never had the opportunity to fulfill those musical aspirations.

I also learned some very very valuable lessons, in managing my assets. A principle that I learned from a Bible seminar on money management years ago. James McDonald from walk in the word and his teachings have proven to be a great help in reminding me that the money that I have does not belong to me but it belongs to God. Other teachers like Charles Stanley and David Jeremiah have proven to be an example for me and my money management. There are not many old time preachers who still talk about the Tithe. Another lesson that I learned this year is that my health is a very important thing being a 40-year-old just turning 41. I've learned to take my mental health and my physical health seriously because I know that there will come a time when what I am doing now will affect my future health. But the most valuable lesson that I learned this year is in the area of relationships.

I've learned to see my fellow human beings as human beings rather then things to be used things to obtain things to accomplish. I've learned to take things in stride and to let the rhythms of life Guide me. I've learned that the glory belongs to the Lord and what he chooses to use you should provide an open channel for his light in his love to flow through you. And as soon as he is done using you to return back to who you are as a human being. I've learned that love is very important. In fact love is the most important thing in my life right now. Aside from letting my conscience being guided by the word of God, i've learned that so long as I am faithful to the things that God has given me, he will intern be faithful to me God that is. I want to wish you all a very happy new year and I hope you had a great Christmas. One last thing I've also learned is that family is very important. But what's most important are the lessons that will stay with you forever. And that comes from the people that have chosen to share a part of their lives with me this year. Add to that principle I will always be faithful God willing Merry Christmas and happy new year. This is Mike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Bible Verses on Money.

  Bible verses about money. I bet you didn’t think the bible said that? Proverbs 23:5 When you glance at wealth, it disappears, for it makes wings for itself and flies like an eagle to the sky.  1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. Proverbs 13:11 Wealth quickly gained is quickly wasted — easy come, easy go! But if you gradually gain wealth, you will watch it grow. Psalm 62:10 Don’t make your living by extortion or put your hope in stealing. And if your wealth increases, don’t make it the centre of your life. Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that

How Believing in God Changes Your Perspective on Time.

  When you have an awareness of the Divine your perspective on time changes. Uncertainty can be the cause of a lack of belief in God. In generations past our culture has had more of an awareness of God and lived with more certainty. The bible is not just a story book for the present moment, it contains the past, the present, and the future in it. The Holy Spirit can give us a perspective that holds the past, the present, and the future, and allows us to see God’s whole picture, despite what we may be feeling or experiencing around us or in our lives.   Trials and persecution can make it difficult to see the whole picture, but I believe that it’s a gift of God to live with this perspective. Unbelief can hinder us from “seeing it all” and insecurities and weaknesses can also disable us from living with this certainty. Also the fear of death, or impending doom, can erase God’s perspective of the future, because our minds get clouded with fear, and we are not able to perceive reality prope

Why has the church lost its capacity and power?

  The church has modernized itself and in the process has lost something very valuable. It has lost its capacity to be personable. The way we reach lost souls is by seeing them, by getting to know them, and by recognizing them, but people are getting lost in the church. The church has become a busy place and is also becoming a less holy place. To make disciples we have to get to know people, and technology in the church is depersonalizing souls, and depersonalizing God for them. Faith becomes a marketable commodity, whereas in the past, churches and their leaders nourished and valued personal faith. While faith is still valued, it’s becoming something that is marketable, which reminds me of the story of Jesus in the temple turning over tables (Matthew 21:12-17). The problem isn’t that the church doesn’t work or doesn’t want to share the gospel, it could be how we are doing it. The church is currently being run like a business, and each Christian metaphorically speaking has a profit val