Skip to main content

Ode to the Grumpy Old man.

The grumpy old man I'm referring to in this blog just happens to be my father. He hasn't passed away or anything but is sitting right beside me in his old rocking chair otherwise called the lazy boy. As each and every Saturday passes by he looks to the great invention of the 20th century for wisdom council and companionship, as I sit here on the computer writing an ode to my father. Our relationship started when he married my mom and in some strange way consummated their relationship..not for the first time because I believe I was born a few years after they got married.

My dad is a good man, he doesn't need religion he is too strong for that. His dad forced him to join the seminary when he was a kid and I believe my dad resented his dad, but as the story goes I wouldn't of been born if my dad would have become a priest because that's what his father wanted him to be. It's kind of funny that my dad went to the seminary as a kid, and always challenges me in my own religious beliefs being a born again Christian. He, I would say is not against faith in religion but I believe he has somewhat of an allergy in regards to holy living.

My dad can sit in front of the TV in his own little world, in which he calls Wayne's World when asked why he's so detached for everyone around him. My Dad likes his own company and the company that comes from the excitement of weird reality TV shows, mostly mindless humour which can occupy him for hours. I don't remember the last time he read a bible or a book but he gets very excited for his friends on the TV, who seem to give him more of a sense of reality than his family, even though he would deny that if he read this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

The Parable of the Ten Virgins.

 Matthew 25:1-13 I have discovered a remarkable interpretation of this parable that I would like to share with you. The story in the Bible goes like this:    “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.   2  Five of them were foolish and five were wise.   3  The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.   4  The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.   5  The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep. 6  “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’ 7  “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.   8  The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’ 9  “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy som...