Skip to main content

When he tells you he loves you.

Writing from a male perspective this has no reference to homosexual love, but a love between a man and a woman that transcends all normal perspectives of convention and prudence. Agape love has been called the greatest love there is. It is the love between husband and wife and the Creator and mankind. If we are called to love in this way but never really know in our hearts what this love means to our hearts, we can be easily deceived (the way the deceiver lies to us) into thinking that we must never sacrifice our hearts for something greater than ourselves. God does not call us to love in the way we feel love, He calls us to die.

Think of a time when someone was genuinely concerned for your welfare. It may be a stranger or probably someone very close to you. You probably should of felt loved, but the love that a man has for his wife should not come with the demand that you are here to serve me. I have felt this kind of love throughout my life, where the person receiving my adoration was so much focused on "how much love I had to give them" that it totally destroyed my spirit, because I felt a lack of true authentic agape, that I was feared into doing thing that I would never do in my right mind.

We believe that philio love rules the universe, and this is why Christ came to set us free from the selfish demands that relationship love requires of us.

There is nothing wrong with liking people, in fact it is necessary for a relationship to work, but the cost at which we demand that we not die to self, is a cost that we will reap for all of eternity. If you are honest with friends about the most intimate details of your life, you should be willing to die to that part of you that holds you in bondage to fear and disillusionment. That is your flesh. Christ greatest achievement on dying on the cross was not that you would live with him in eternity, but was that he calls you through his spirit to be born again, death to the flesh, daily.

It is a cost almost too high for you not to take, and it is impossible for you to do without dying to your pride. It cost Christ his life, God forbid that you would not take his free gift of eternal life and expend it on your own cravings, for if you do this you will die, but in humble adoration and worship claim this verse, "I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Christian Marriage. (Short)

On Christian Marriage. (Short) The modern co-habitation crisis has produced a lot of single moms and dads, and has fractured "family units" allowing other family members and relatives to take a bigger role in these "Separated families." There isn't a "one cause" why families have separated or divorced, it is a complicated issue, sometimes resulting in very hard emotions for Society to process. Things like the "millennial sexual revolution" have contributed to the widespread "non-committal" attitude, which in turn has given the traditional marriage the "black eye" it currently has and has turned many Christian men away from seeking a life partner. The more society devalues "traditional marriage" the more co-habitation you will see in all the other generations as well as the Millennials. This is Mike.

Why Christians must show Mutual Concern for One another.

  Look and see, there is no one at my right hand; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4. Christians in the church should have mutual concern for one another, this is what it means to be part of the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:25. It’s takes good pastoral leadership to foster this sense of concern, and where it is missing, individuals who are suffering in the church are overlooked and not supported. Every believer needs support and encouragement, but when this is missing, the church divides and loses it power and testimony. Christians live like the world, and become vulnerable to Satan’s attacks when nobody is supporting them outside the church. I used to belong to an evangelical church which had great leadership, and something called small groups. This church felt like a family and I had people who shared my Christian walk with me when I was not in the church building. I have been attending a different denomination that doesn’t hav...

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring.

Ontarian's to possibly extend Daylight Savings time till next Spring. Regardless as to why we started this time change, it has been in effect many years before I was born, or my Parents were born. I understand that some people can benefit with the extra sunlight in the winter time, but I want to give you a definition of our circadian rhythm as humans. circadian rhythm (/sɜːrˈkeɪdiən/) is any biological process that displays an endogenous, entrainable oscillation of about 24 hours. These 24-hour rhythms are driven by a circadian clock, and they have been widely observed in plants, animals, fungi, and cyanobacteria. In other words, our bodies are biological clocks that operate within the realm of time, and time is measured by how much daylight is in a day. Our bodies adjust to time, but it takes time and a steady exposure to sunlight during the day to set our internal clocks. When we experience time changes, our bodies change along with the 24 hour day cycle. When we over-extend ...